Terms and Conditions
My WEDC is the gateway to finding and downloading resources, and managing your participation in events such as our international conferences.
By joining the My WEDC mailing list, you give permission for your email address to be used to send you information about useful resources, information about the WEDC International Conference, and other forthcoming events.
You can leave the mailing list at any time by updating your profile on the website (once your account is created), or by emailing email@example.com.
Conference Management System
WEDC, as part of the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering at Loughborough University, shall keep all data in its conference management system (entered on the sign-up form and subsequently provided in relation to any aspect of the conference) confidential:
- No data will be disclosed to any third party except where necessary to provide services related to a conference and as otherwise required by law.
- Personal Data will not be used for any purposes other than in relation to the organisation of current or future conferences (including production of delegate lists) organised in the indicated areas of interest.
- Personal Data will not normally be removed from the system, as details are required to be retained by law and in order to enable the provision of information regarding future events and conferences, as indicated in the sign-up form, and to facilitate the individual's ability to register for future events without having to create a new user profile.
- The individual is responsible for updating all Personal Data held in My WEDC, which can be done at any time through the User Profile.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of data.
- Personal Data shall not be transferred to a country or a territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data, except as necessary for running a conference outside the UK.
For full details of Loughborough University's Data Protection Policy, please click here.