Equity and Inclusion in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Accessibility and safety audit of market-centre latrines – English | Français | Español | Português
- Squatting demonstration activity (Facilitator's note) – updated and improved!
- Dialogue Circle on Social Inclusion – Guidance Note. Conducting a discussion at community level
- Meeting Gender and Menstrual Hygiene Needs in MSF-OCA Health Structures Rubis Mena, MSc research dissertation
- Women and girls and WASH
- Disability and WASH
- Older people and WASH – coming soon!
- HIV and WASH – coming soon!
- WASH in schools – coming soon!
General Inclusion resources
WEDC Conference papers
Click here to view a selection of papers with a particular focus on inclusion in WASH, from WEDC International Conferences, starting with the most recent first.
This list is regularly updated but please let us know if there is a document that should be added.
Mainstreaming disability and ageing in water, sanitation and hygiene programmes A mapping study carried out for WaterAid UK
Infrastructure for All: Meeting the needs of both men and women in development projects. A practical guide for engineers, technicians and project managers. Reed, B., Coates, S., & Parry-Jones, S. (2007) WEDC.
Water and sanitation for disabled people and other vulnerable groups: designing services to improve accessibility. Jones, H. & Reed, R.A. (2005) WEDC.
Inclusive design of school latrines: how much does it cost and who benefits? Jones, H. (2011) WEDC Briefing Note #1.
Inclusive design for WASH services – An annotated bibliography (categorises and describes over 50 documents related to access to WASH for women and girls, disabled adults and children, and schoolchildren).
Inclusive WASH and disability (adapted from the above but focuses on access for disabled people).